As a business owner, your main goal is to ensure that your business grows and remains profitable, and meeting that goal comes with a lot of responsibilities. You’re responsible for seeing that work gets done correctly and in a timely manner, you’re responsible for ensuring that employees remain engaged and productive, you’re responsible for making sure your clients’ needs are met, that the business is well stocked with any supplies it needs for daily operations, that employees are paid correctly and on time, that your business is compliant with all local, state, and government laws and regulations, and so much more.
Much of these responsibilities can be delegated to supervisors, managers, administrative assistants and other staff members, but many business owners still find themselves bogged down with an overwhelming HR and employee management workload that hinders them from focusing on business strategy and planning. Luckily, many of these tasks can be delegated as well, and that’s where a PEO, like Emplicity, comes in.
A PEO, or Professional Employer Organization firm provides comprehensive HR solutions for small and mid-size businesses, and allows employers to outsource employee management tasks including HR administration, payroll and benefits, recruiting and training, risk/safety management, worker’s compensation, and more.
Businesses Achieve More Using a PEO
By providing payroll, benefits, and HR services and assisting with compliance issues under state and federal law, PEOs allow small businesses to improve productivity and profitability, to focus on their core mission, and to grow.
A recent survey from National Association of Professional Employer Organization (NAPEO) reports some of the benefits for employers under a PEO:
- The annual median revenue growth for PEO users is twice that of comparable non-PEO users.
- Small businesses that work with a PEO grow 7 to 9 percent faster, have employee turnover that is 10 to 14 percent lower employee turnover, and are 50 percent less likely to go out of business.
- Businesses who work with a PEO are 16 percent more likely to report an increase in profitability.
- PEO users are significantly less concerned than non-PEO users about their ability to handle key business challenges such as hiring employees, increasing revenues, and raising capital and/or funding.
Employees Prosper Too…
As a co-employer, Emplicity’s PEO services include a complete human resource and benefit package for worksite employees, including a cloud-based HR support system that offers employee self-service and reporting capabilities, integrated payroll processing, time & attendance management, and an automated new hire and benefits enrollment program. The PEO services also include access to a large-group benefits platform that features health, dental, life and retirement plans, offering employees and potential employees attractive benefits.
According to NAPEO’s 2017 report, employees working for employers that are PEO clients are significantly more likely to report that:
- Their employer demonstrates a commitment to them as employees.
- Their employer has good hiring practices, good HR policies and practices, and does a good job of designing employees’ jobs.
- Their employer provides them with good training and development opportunities.
- They intend to stay with their current employer until retirement.
- They believe their employer is taking the right steps to be competitive.
- They trust that their employer is supporting employees in delivering excellent customer service.
- They have confidence in their employer’s approach to growing the company.
The benefits of a PEO are far reaching. It’s not just about increasing revenues, reducing administrative hassles, and being more compliant; it’s also about properly caring for employees and creating a holistic approach to a company’s well-being.
Emplicity understands that HR
Outsourcing should be simple and meaningful. As a Professional Employer Organization (PEO), we strive to be a great partner in supporting your business. If you would like to request more information on how we can assist your needs, please reach out to us at 877-476-2339. We are located in California – Orange County, Los Angeles, and the greater Sacramento and San Francisco area.
NOTICE: Emplicity provides HR advice and recommendations. Information provided by Emplicity is not intended as a substitute for employment law counsel. At no time will Emplicity have the authority or right to make decisions on behalf of their clients.